So I'm 21 - Now What?

When you turn 21 you can decide if you'd still like a personal advisor to support you (up to the age of 25). As of April 2017 there was a change in the law which means that care leavers up to the age of 25 who have or who wish to return to education or training will be entitled to an assessment of their needs. This could mean you get support from your local authority for education or training. This change in the law is not about coming back into care but is about possible help and support with education and training. 

Support from leaving care will usually stop around your 21st birthday. You should have a final meeting with your Personal Advisor who will talk to you about other services you may be able to get help from.

At this meeting it is a good idea to record your thoughts on what you may want to do in the future in relation to education or training. When support stops this is sometimes referred to as 'your case being closed'. At your final Pathway Planning meeting you should also be told that you can re-contact the service in the future at any time up to your 25th birthday if you wish to seek support with education or training.

This website is maintained for your personal use and viewing

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Notice


© StokeLearning Services 2019

  • facebook-square
  • Twitter Square
This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now